Today the majority of your target market search online to find information about products and services and make online purchases. For this reason companies can no longer afford not to have professionally designed websites.
Facebook is essentially a template and was originally meant to be a social networking platform, not a business networking platform. Branding-wise, you’re pretty much limited to your profile picture, cover photo, apps, and Milestones.
A recent article published by AdAge highlights the fact that Facebook is being more blunt about the fact that companies are going to have to pay for reach: "We expect organic distribution of an individual page's
At O'NERO we believe that a website is "your front door" online. It is the best way to showcase who you really are as a brand, and you get much more control over what impression you give first-time clients when you have a proper website. Owning a website also shows professionalism and credibility.
It is essential to have a highly functional, easy to navigate, attractive, and responsive website to compete in the contemporary business world. Ongoing search engine optimization, correct keyword density, targeting of the right keywords, navigation structure development, sitemaps, and analytics must be done correctly.
This leads us to the recent evolution of online templates where you can build your own website and we say: "Yes, you can built your own website" but you need to ask yourself question: "do you really want to?"
There's an old saying "Time is money" and when it comes to business it's definitely worth considering. Building your own website can take a lot more time than you realise – It's not as simple as just throwing some text and images together. You need to consider the layout from both a design and user experience point of view, you'll need to test the website for security and responsiveness, you'll need to consider the fonts, colours, images (which need optimizing), SEO – the list goes on.
Here are 20 more reasons to consider not to go with the "Build your own website for FREE" option.
- It looks unprofessional.
- They might even use your content.
- Your site could go down at any time.
- If your site goes down, you’ll also lose your domain.
- You can’t set up automatic redirection.
- Your site may be used in a link farm.
- Your ability to do SEO is limited.
- Limited or nonexistent support for setup.
- You could lose your domain name.
- Other websites will look the same.
- They make you look like a cheapskate.
- They’re difficult to delete.
- Analytics are limited or nonexistent.
- They’re not responsive.
- They’re difficult to fix when something goes wrong.
- File uploading is limited.
- There’s no way to stop people stealing your images or content.
- They may be run by unethical corporations.
- They have a bad track record.
- They’re just not cool! Having a free website won’t do anything for your image or your online street cred!
For a consultation or quotation on a website contact us today on 012 940 8243 - we are professionals!
We offer comprehensive, responsive website design and development services at affordable prices. Our designs are in line with the latest mobile compatibility and responsiveness requirements of search engines. With our roots in the IT industry we are able to keep up to date with web development techniques and SEO requirements to ensure that your website will meet search engine and user requirements alike.
If you’re going to invest time into building an online presence, we strongly recommend you do it right from the start and we can design, build and support websites from static HTML, content management systems (Joomla! or Wordpress) through to e-commerce sites.